These are some pictures from the last few weeks. The first couple are 10-20 minute sketches done at the start of longer sessions. These are digitally painted by taking my laptop and Yiynova 19″ tablet monitor in. Created with Artrage 4.
We then started a 3 week pose (3 hours first week, 4 hours there after). This is where I got to after the first week:
The proportions were a little off (head too small particularly) and also I wasn’t quite sure how to keep this going, so the first step was to rough it up with lots of energetic marks. I felt the original was getting too tight too quickly.
I had also changed the texture from a default canvas to one of my own to get more variety as well. The close up below shows how this has brought in much more interesting texture, and the tools respond with more variety and less control to this texture.
My only issue with the overall image is that the horizontal format isn’t really fitting with the subject (one of the issues with a non-rotating tablet and deciding to stick with horizontal). I think I may well crop it towards the end.
Would love to know what you think – please leave some comments.